Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Sept 26
To celebrate their 20th anniversary, Bayside is releasing the "Heaven" 7” featuring the fan favorite track “Heaven” from 2019’s critically acclaimed album Interrobang! The B-side is the previously unreleased "Heaven (Acoustic)" and it’s all on limited edition orange vinyl!
“Heaven”/ “Heaven (Acoustic)”
The Palace at 3AM is the first (and only) collaboration between the late Jay Bennett and his songwriting partner, Edward Burch. After fronting Minneapolis legends Titanic Love Affair from 1994-2001 Bennett was a key member of the band Wilco, often co-writing songs on the band's early releases with Jeff Tweedy. The power struggle was well documented in the Wilco documentary I Am Trying To Break Your Heart in which Bennett was fired as the cameras rolled. The band was working on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot at the time. Bennett immediately teamed up with Burch and The Palace at 4am was released on the same street date in 2002 as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Hardcore Wilco fans loved the release and immediately started making comparisons on who was the real 'genius' of Wilco, Bennett or Tweedy. Bennett passed away suddenly in 2009 and with the blessings of his family, ten years after his death Schoolkids Records has teamed up with Edward Burch to release The Palace at 4am for the first time ever on vinyl for RSD 2020. The album also includes the track "My Darlin'" which was also on Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, re-recorded by Bennett for this release. Limited edition cloudy clear vinyl, 2xLP gatefold. Download card included
1. Puzzle Heart 2. Talk to Me 3. Whispers or Screams 4. Shakin' Sugar 5. C.T.M. 6. Drinking on Your Dime 7. My Darlin' 8. No Church Tonite 9. Fireworks 10. Forgiven 11. Like a Photograph 12. Venus Stopped the Train 130 California 14. Little White Cottage 15. It Hurts
40th Anniversary reissue of the first album featuring Nick Cave, before the band’s name morphed into The Birthday Party and prior to the formation of his next band, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Includes the classic “Shivers,” which has recently been covered by the likes of Cat Power and Courtney Barnett, to name a few.
This will be the first time the album will be issued on vinyl in many territories including the U.S.
1. The Nightwatchman 2. Brave Exhibitions 3. Friends Of My World 4. The Voice 5. Roman Roman 6. Somebody's Watching
1. After A Fashion 2. Dive Position 3. I Mistake Myself 4. Shivers
Solomon Burke was an American preacher and singer who shaped the sound of rhythm and blues as one of the founding fathers of soul music in the 1960s. Originally released in 1976, Back To My Roots was his debut album on the legendary Chess Records label, a well-known imprint devoted to the best Blues, R&B, Funk and Soul music. After a long stint on Atlantic and MGM Records, Solomon Burke signed for Chess to work with the wonderful producer Herman Rush who wrote and produced this sensational album.
This release for Record Store Day is its first repress since the original 1976 release.
SIDE A –
1. Burning For Your Love 2. Night And Day 3. Everybody’s Got To Cry Sometime 4. I’m Going Back To My Roots
SIDE B –
1. Precious Flower 2. The Do Right Song 3. Life Has It’s Ups And Downs 4. Over And Over (Hugging And Loving) 5. I’ll Never Stop Loving You
RSD 2020 Ambassador Brandi Carlile has strong ties to her hometown Seattle. Her RSD 2020 release pays tribute to one of the region's most legendary bands, and one of her strong influences: Soundgarden.
"Black Hole Sun" / "Searching With My Good Eye Closed"
If you watched television, went to the movies, or listened to radio in the ‘80s and ‘90s, you probably heard Suzanne Ciani's work whether you knew it or not. Suzanne is a five-time Grammy award-nominated composer, electronic music pioneer, and neo-classical recording artist whose work has been featured in countless commercials, video games, and feature films. The documentary A Life In Waves explores Suzanne's life and innovations through her own eyes, offering a feminine glimpse into the world of electronic music.
With fifteen albums spanning 40-plus years, countless commercial scores and sound designs, Suzanne's catalog is among the most rich and varied of any artist working today. With selections ranging from Suzanne's early modular experimentations, to her commercial sound design, to her romantic synthesizer works, to her delicate piano compositions, this soundtrack is the only collection of its kind. Like the film, it's a journey into Suzanne's mind, and a career-spanning exploration of this genre-defying artist. Pressed on clear vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1. Liberator Atari TV Spot (Long Version) 2. The First Wave (Birth of Venus) 3. Concert at Phil Niblock’s Loft (Excerpt) 4. “Pop & Pour” Coca-Cola Logo 5. Lincoln Mercury 4-Door Cougar TV Spot 6. Suzanne Ciani 'Clean Room' ITT TV Spot 2012 7. The Eighth Wave 8. Rain (A Life In Waves Version) 9. Paris 1971 10. Princess 11. Butterflies 12. The Third Wave (Love In The Waves)
Pre-GWAR mayhem. This is the band that started it all. Before he became Oderus Urungus, Dave Brockie fronted Richmond VA art-punk weirdos Death Piggy. All three of their EPs are combined here with unreleased and compilation tracks on 180g green vinyl with experimental etchings, remastered from the original tapes and with liner notes written by the band's guitarist Russ Bahorsky. First American vinyl pressing in over 30 years.
BONUS DOWNLOAD CONTENT WITH PURCHASE: 20 minute never-before heard live improv acoustic set from 1984, recorded as the band surprised business owners and pedestrians on the street with an impromptu performance.
1 G-O-D Spells God 2 Splatter Flick 3 Eat The People 4 Fat Man 5 Nympho 6 Bathtub In Space 7 No Prob, Dude 8 Mangoes & Goats 9 Welcome To The Record 10 Boner 11 Showbiz 12 Dinner In The Morning
1 Whippin' Around The Bay 2 Ceramic Butt 3 Poet 4 Ground "B" Sound 5 Joey Died Today 6 Minute 2 Live 7 Scabs (UNRELEASED 8 Ewoks (UNRELEASED) 9 Fear Of Murder (RARE)
20 minute live improv acoustic set from 1984, captured as the band surprised business owners and passerby on the street by showing up unannounced with their instruments. (ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THE DOWNLOAD OF THE ALBUM, INCLUDED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE LP)
1. Hey, It's Okay 2. Jeff Slater 3. You Can Eat Dinner If You Want To 4. Something In A / The Day After The Music Died 5. Jingle Bells / Leprosy 6. Purple Haze
First released in 2007, Idiot Savants, featuring guest vocals by Poppy Roberts and the captivating guitar sounds of Vini Reilly, is an overlooked gem in the Durutti Column’s catalogue. Pressed on 180g white vinyl for Record Store Day 2020, this is its first release on vinyl.
1. “Better Must Come” 2. “Interleukin 2 (For Anthony)” 3. “Please Let Me Sleep” 4. “2 Times Nice”
1. “No Last Surprise” 2. “Gathering Dust” 3. “Whisper To The Wind” 4. “That Blows My Name Away (For Rachel)”
A road paving, agency grabbing, '69 girl group garage band trip! Pressed on double pink vinyl!
Nashville, 1966: five young girls teach themselves their instruments playing along to the radio. Initially named 'The Pivots' and by the end of '67 christened as The Feminine Complex, they were playing out and developing a local following including radio and television appearances. They created their own versions of popular songs, a style that reflected their need to express their own experience of girlhood. Gender bending 'boys' songs' they simply changed the lyrics, modifying the major characters and pronouns creating a space for themselves inside the music where they were able to become the agents of their own wishes, needs and desires. Come '68, they appeared on NBC's nationally syndicated Showcase '68, hosted by Lloyd Thaxton paving way to their cult status.
It is not allegorical to say that in some way, they widened the entrance to the historical vacuum that a generation later would come to be filled by Riot Grrrl and rock 'n' roll camps for girls. The Feminine Complex were not just a good band because they were girls, or because they were the first girls. They are a good band because they are. Lucky for us, we have these recordings, so we can continue to hear why.
Features the original '69 album plus 11 originally unissued tracks!
01. Hide And Seek 02. Now I Need You 03. Are You Lonesome Like Me? 04. I Won’t Run 05. Six O’Clock In The Morning 06. Run That Thru Your Mind 07. It’s Magic 08. I Don’t Want Another Man 09. Forgetting 10. I’ve Been Workin’ On You 11. Time Slips By 12. Hold My Hand 13. Love Love Love 14. I’ve Been Workin’ On You (demo) 15. Hold Me 16. Now I Care 17. A Summer Morning 18. The Warmth Of Your Smile 19. Are You Lonesome Like Me? (demo) 20. Time Slips By (demo) 21. Is This A Dream? 22. Movin’
Freshly unleashed from the vaults of Desco Records and remastered for the first time since its 1998 release, it is an honor to announce the re-release of one of the finest and most satisfying needle drops of the last 40 years. An album that needs no introduction, yet one is required...we're talking raw soul and heavy, heavy funk sung with aplomb by one of the best in the biz...Ladies and Gentlemen...Presenting! the Lee Fields' classic, Let's Get a Groove. And groove you shall, for this is supernova of soulful superiority. This album will feature an exclusive green splatter vinyl, and has been out-of-print for over a decade.
SIDE A: 1. Intro By Mr Fields 2. Let's Get A Groove On 3. Watch That Man 4. Hey Sallie Mae (Get Off My Feet) 5. Let A Man Do 6. What He Wanna Do 7. All By Myself SIDE B: 1. Put It On Me 2. Take It Or Leave It 3. Steam Train 4. I'm A Millionaire 5. Bad, Bad, Bad
British guitarist Allan Holdsworth’s 1983 album has only ever been reissued on vinyl as part of a limited edition 12 LP until now. The bonus track on this RSD 2020 release has never been on vinyl before.
SIDE 1: 1. “Three Sheets To The Wind” 2. “Road Games” 3. Water On The Brain”
SIDE 2: 1. “Tokyo Dream” 2. “Was There?” 3. Material Real Bonus Track 4. “Road Games (Alternative Jack Bruce Vocal Version)”
The band’s 2019 debut album, on vinyl for the first time, and translucent blue vinyl at that.
Side A: “Lula, I'm Not Mad” / “Change Ur Mind” / “A Slow Death In Pacific Standard Time” / “Saturday Night (feat. Bleached)”
Side B: “Smarter Ways Of Saying It” / “Everything Means Everything Meant Everything” / “Ritalin” / “Halloween”
Shooter Jennings’ live show at Bonnaroo 2006 - right after the release of his Electric Rodeo album. Shooter Jennings & the .357’s perform medleys of the hits, as well as some special versions never-before-released.
1. Gone To Carolina / Solid Country Gold 2. Busted In Baylor County 3. Some Rowdy Women 4. Song Is Still Slipping Away / Lonesome Blues 5. Manifesto No. 1 & 2 6. Bad Magick 7. Steady At The Wheel 8. Southern Comfort 9. 4th of July 10. Little White Lines 11. Daddy’s Farm
With his latest EP, Cover Your Tracks, Lund expands on his Western heritage by wearing his more popular and prominent influences on his sleeve. Covering songs from diverse artists such as Lee Hazlewood, Billy Joel, Marty Robbins and AC/DC, Lund expands on not only his favorite songs but on the range, sound and style in which those songs are delivered. Featuring the likes of Ian Tyson and Hayes Carll, Cover Your Tracks is a focused and deliberate collection of classic and unexpected songs, curated by Corb. Released and pressed on 45 RPM 12” opaque blue vinyl.
1. These Boots Are Made for Walkin' 2. The Cover of the Rolling Stone (feat. Hayes Carll) 3. They're Hanging Me Tonight 4. Outlaw Man 5. Ride On (feat. Ian Tyson) 6. Seven Spanish Angels 7. It's Still Rock And Roll To Me 8. I Shall Be Released
New Vinyl: $27.98 Buy
PRESSED ON AQUA BLUE COLORED VINYL PACKAGED WITH A DELUXE OBI-STRIP AND INCLUDES A DOWNLOAD CARD FOR THE FULL ALBUM
As Chuck Mosley (ex Faith No More & Bad Brains) embarked on the Reintroduce Yourself Tour, which saw him play around 160 shows during the last two years of his life, he had an idea about releasing a live collection of songs. Part of the point of the tour was to give Chuck a chance to revisit his past, in Cement, VUA, and even some stuff he wrote way back in the day. This release has a mix of those, along with one brand new song, Blue Heart, which he wrote a few months before passing. Quality recordings are scarce and others were sabotaged by off-time clapping, buzzing old amps, and endless stage banter. While we were never polished, never perfect, nor did we get all the lyrics correct, this record is 100% Chuck Mosley, and we think you'll dig it.
1. Sophie (Live in Manchester) 2. Blue Heart (Live in Knoxville) 3. Come Around (Live in Huntsville) 4. Song #2 (Live in Huntsville)
1. Nameless (Live in Manchester) 2. Tractor (Live in London) 3. Bella Donna (Live in London) 4. Bob Forest (Live in London) 5. C to G (Douglas' unapproved hidden track)
New Vinyl: $9.99 Buy
In celebration of their mutual admiration for the Deal sisters, The Good Life (feat. Tim Kasher of Cursive) and The Pauses join forces to affectionately re-interpret the seminal alt-rock pioneers The Breeders. The 7-inch split features beautiful Vaughan Oliver-inspired artwork (in tribute to the late artist) with custom screen-printed packaging designed and built with love by Dan Black at his Landland Colportage studio in Saint. Paul, MN.
Side A) The Good Life - "Divine Hammer" (from Last Splash) - Side B) The Pauses - "Off You" (from Title TK)
New Vinyl: $29.98 Buy
A truly special two-sided picture disc featuring imagery unavailable elsewhere - one side features the cover art, and the other, the Aureyal: a symbol representing the unity of the seven Gelfling Clans. The Aureyal presents itself in the visions of various important gelfling characters and is formally identified as "the sigil of great power" by skekGra the Heretic.
Composer Daniel Pemberton reveals: “I wanted the music to be as magical as Thra itself – organic, imperfect, strange, mystical, otherworldly and wonderful. I wanted to create new sounds that felt like they came from the world itself, as well as using thematic large scale orchestral elements to bring an emotion to the journey of the characters.
There are two Dark Crystal picture discs being released for Record Store Day, with completely different track listings.
The 10 episode prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite The Dark Crystal stars Taron Egerton, Star Wars’ Mark Hamill, Harry Potter’s Helena Bonham-Carter, Tomb Raider star Alicia Vikander and Outlander’s Caitriona Balfe.
1. Dzenpo! – Daniel Pemberton 2. Remember Your Oath – Samuel Sim 3. Puppet Show – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Song Of Thra – Daniel Pemberton 5. The Skeksis Arrive – Samuel Sim 6. Outcast – Daniel Pemberton 7. Outside Podling Wayhouse – Daniel Pemberton
1. An Old Story – Daniel Pemberton 2. The Three Brothers Rise – Daniel Pemberton 3. Attack Of The Arathim – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Our Sister Is Gone – Samuel Sim 5. The Dark Crystal: End Credits – Daniel Pemberton 6. The Dark Crystal: The Age Of Hope – Daniel Pemberton
New Vinyl: $39.98 Buy
3LP set featuring a complete live show recorded at University of Wisconsin in 1989. Pressed on 140g black vinyl, the set features the tracks "Alex Chilton", "Bastards of Young", "I’ll Be You", "Can’t Hardly Wait", "I Will Dare", and many more. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
British singer-songwriter and front woman of trip-hop group Morcheeba, Skye Edwards celebrates the 10 year anniversary of her second album Keeping Secrets with the exclusive, special limited edition, white gatefold 180g vinyl for this year’s Record Store Day. Keeping Secrets, produced by Alexis Smith and Emmy-nominated Grace Jones collaborator Ivor Guest, showcases Skye’s instantly recognizable, smooth vocals. This limited edition white vinyl gatefold for RSD 2020 is the record’s first vinyl release.
“I Believe”/ “Boo Hoo” / “Not Broken” / “The Shape I’m In” / “Monsters Demons” / “Clock To Stop” / “Almost Killed Me” / “Wrong Alright” / “Maybe To Spain” / “Exhale”
In 2013, Chris Smither returned to his hometown of New Orleans to record a retrospective of his five-decade career with an all-star band including the legendary Allen Toussaint. The sessions were especially productive, resulting in the double CD release Still On The Levee in 2014. There were more than a dozen songs that couldn't fit on the original release, and they are collected here on More From The Levee. This is Chris Smither's first vinyl release since the ‘70s.
Side A: 1. Lonely Time 2. Confirmation 3. Drive You Home Again 4. I Am The Ride 5. What I Do
Side B: 1. Let It Go 2. Hey Hey Hey 3. Caveman 4. Old Man Down 5. Father's Day
Double-sided 7" picture disc in standard jacket. Side A will feature cover art from Weather Balloons (feat. Frances Cone) and Side B will feature cover art from SUSTO's rendition of "Daniel," the classic Elton John hit.
"Weather Balloons" is a special version of a previously released song from Ever Since I Lost My Mind, featuring vocals from tour mate Christina Cone (aka Frances Cone.) “Sometimes a song can be transformed through live performance with new people. For me, connecting with Christina was like meeting a long-lost musical sister, and when we began performing ‘Weather Balloons’ together on tour, the song was given a new energy that needed to be captured. This new recording is an attempt to capture that magic that happens on stage, between friends.” - SUSTO
On "Daniel," SUSTO present their faithful rendition of the classic Elton John hit, “Daniel.” Originally released by John in 1973, the song reached #2 on the US Pop charts and #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts, and has since gone on to reach Platinum certification by the RIAA. SUSTO front man and lead singer, Justin Osborne, provides the vocals with a sincerity that honors the spirit of the beloved ballad, while the underlying instrumentals provide an effervescent quality, through the use of clever synch tones and instruments as unconventional as beer bottles."
“Weather Balloons (ft. Frances Cone)”/”Daniel”
The story of this compilation begins with a decades old myth; the "mystery singer" on a 10" acetate demo played to Elvis by Sam Phillips in June of 1954. Phillips, who was unable to ascertain the name of the singer, asked Elvis to sing the song as a debut record. The young, unknown Elvis was daunted by the performance. After attempting to record the song, Elvis felt he could not do it justice, and went on to record “That's All Right”. The demo's existence became an urban myth. The singer was finally identified as Jimmy Sweeney in early 2017 by writer Chris Kennedy, whose suspicions were confirmed by multiple sources, including Jimmy's daughter Eugenia. Sweeney’s masterpiece will finally be released under his own name on this compilation. In addition to that demo song, “Without You”, the album features some of Sweeney’s best recordings, many of which were never released to the public.
1. “Without You” - Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Deep Blues” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 3. “I Pay With Every Breath” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 4. “It Wouldn’t Be The Same (Without You) “- The Varieteers 5. “Desire” - Jimmy Sweeney 6. “Danny Boy” - Jimmy Destry 7. “Don’t Come In Here” – Varieteers 8. “Tobacco Road” - Jimmy Sweeney
1. “Gonna Find My Sweetheart “- Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Flippity Flop”- Jimmy Sweeney 3. “Sick, Sick, Sick” - Jim Sweeney 4. “She Wears My Ring” - Jimmy Bell 5. “Where You Lead Me” - Jim Sweeney 6.”Lunch In A Bucket” - Jimmy Bell 7. “Afraid” - Jim Sweeney 8. “What’cha Gonna Do About Me” - Jimmy Bell 9. “Deacon Brown” - Jimmy Sweeney